Wednesday 10 July 2013

The Pope Abandons Limbo! Will Purgatory follow?

Posted April 26, 2007

The Pope authorized the Roman Catholic Church's International Theological Commission on April 22, 2007 to publish a 41-page document titled: "The Hope of Salvation for Infants Who Die without Being Baptized." The decision of the present Pope marks a gradual softening of the Catholic view towards those who die without being baptized.

image



« on: September 02, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »





Coming from a RC background I was wondering if anyone could clarify what the OC teaching is on the soul after death what we call purgatory. Does the OC have something similar? I know Orthodox pray for the dead but I find the whole thing a little confusing as to why if the OC doesn't believe in a place like purgatory we are to pray for the dead. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm no expert, but Pope Ratzinger, if I understand correctly, has more or less written off purgatory from Catholic theology. His reasons are interesting if you ever wanna check out his writings.


I found this statement quite intriguing when I first saw it in Faith Issues.  What have you Catholics to say about this?  Is this understanding of Pope Benedict's theology correct, or does it merely reveal the poster's crass ignorance?



No comments:

Post a Comment